Empty graph with draw option "F"

Dear All sorry if this is trivial,
Does someone know why I have an empty graph if I use option F for drawing ?
Thanks in advance.
PS: the code can be run just by doing: root -l Efficiency.C
Cheers,
Diallo
AtlasStyle.h (388 Bytes)
Efficiency.C (11.1 KB)

_ROOT Version: 6.12/06

Try: gr_eff_Prim_Vert_4e->Draw("ALF");

Hi,
Thanks for replying, gr_eff_Prim_Vert_4e->Draw(“ALF”); doesn’t work neither, it just draws a line where I want to have a filled area.
Does it work for you ?
Cheers,
Diallo.

All your points have the same “y coordinate” so you get a straight line (i.e. the area is “empty”).

Hi,
I am not sure that’s related to the fact that the points are equals, for instance if I draw this:

gr_eff_trigger_4e->Draw("ALF");

(by using the same option) I don’t have a straight line anymore but the area under the line is still empty.
Cheers,
Diallo.

You misunderstand the meaning of the “F” option. Try another graph which has different “x” and “y” points’ coordinates.

Hi,
I tried another graph in my previous message.
I used to use draw option “F” with histograms and it always works, or maybe I am mistaken but this example is what I am expected to have.

Cheers,
Diallo.

I think you are right about the meaning of option “F”, it doesn’t work as in histogram, for instance for different x, and y and by changed the color (this is what I missed in the message where I changed graph, otherwise it will be white by default and then invisible) it works but differently as I expected in the plot I attached.
So I still don’t know then how to reproduce this kind of plot I attached ?
Cheers,
Diallo.

You must make sure that the first and the last points of your graphs have y = 0 (if necessary, add two such points, the first one with x = xmin and the last one with x = xmax).

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks very much, that works :grinning:
Cheers,
Diallo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.