Download error for TBB when building 6.08.06

When building 6.08.06 on CentOS 7 (GCC 4.8.5), I get the following error:

[ 54%] Performing download step (download, verify and extract) for 'TBB'
CMake Error at TBB-stamp/TBB-download-RelWithDebInfo.cmake:49 (message):
  Command failed: 1

'/usr/bin/cmake3' '-Dmake=' '-Dconfig=' '-P' '/data/scratch/package_dependency_test/gluex_top/root/root-6.08.06/build_dir/TBB-prefix/src/TBB-stamp/TBB-download-RelWithDebInfo-impl.cmake'

See also

/data/scratch/package_dependency_test/gluex_top/root/root-6.08.06/build_dir/TBB-prefix/src/TBB-stamp/TBB-download-*.log

gmake[4]: *** [TBB-prefix/src/TBB-stamp/TBB-download] Error 1
gmake[4]: Leaving directory `/data/scratch/package_dependency_test/gluex_top/root/root-6.08.06/build_dir'
gmake[3]: *** [CMakeFiles/TBB.dir/all] Error 2
gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/data/scratch/package_dependency_test/gluex_top/root/root-6.08.06/build_dir'
gmake[2]: *** [all] Error 2
gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/data/scratch/package_dependency_test/gluex_top/root/root-6.08.06/build_dir'

I have thrown the -Dbuiltin_tbb=ON switch to cmake. Setting this switch off fixes the problem (tbb-devel is installed on the native OS so I guess that saves me). In the error file, I see:

Connected to service-spi.web.cern.ch (188.184.21.205) port 80 (#4)

GET /service-spi/external/tarFiles/tbb44_20160413oss_src.tgz HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: curl/7.29.0

Host: service-spi.web.cern.ch

Accept: */*

The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

A previous post, from 4 years ago, reported the same error, but that was due to a server outage. Is that what is happening here? I have been getting this error on multiple nodes since yesterday.

I realize that this is an old version, but it would be nice to depend on ROOT itself to supply the tbb functionality for this legacy version that I am supporting for others.

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: 6.08.06
Platform: CentOS7
Compiler: GCC4.8.5

Wow. Great. Will give it a try…

ROOT 6.08/06 is very old.
If you really really need ROOT 6.08 then try the v6-08-00-patches branch.

But a better idea is to take the latest release.

1 Like

Both suggestions worked, the patch for the download sites alone, and using the patch branch. Thank you WEC!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.