Does Warning in hadd root files

Dear root experts,

I am adding two root files using hadd command.

hadd final.root root1.root roo2.root

While adding process, I get warning about missing some branches in one of the trees of one file (let say root2.root).

Warning in TTree::CopyAddresses: Could not find branch named ‘mc_generator_weights’ in tree named ‘nominal’
Warning in TTree::CopyEntries: One of the export top level branches (mc_generator_weights) is not present in the import TTree.
Warning in TTree::CopyAddresses: Could not find branch named ‘el_true_type’ in tree named ‘particleLevel’
Warning in TTree::CopyAddresses: Could not find branch named ‘el_true_origin’ in tree named ‘particleLevel’
Warning in TTree::CopyAddresses: Could not find branch named ‘mu_true_type’ in tree named ‘particleLevel’
Warning in TTree::CopyAddresses: Could not find branch named ‘mu_true_origin’ in tree named ‘particleLevel’
Warning in TTree::CopyAddresses: Could not find branch named ‘mc_generator_weights’ in tree named ‘particleLevel’
Warning in TTree::CopyEntries: One of the export top level branches (mc_generator_weights) is not present in the import TTree.

I am not interested though to have them in the final file. But inconsistency between the branch structures of root files being added, is giving warning.

Despite of this warning I can have summed root file. So my question is; Is it okay to use such summed file, that had some warning during adding step ?

Thanks in Advance
Binish

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: Not Provided
Platform: Not Provided
Compiler: Not Provided

Hi Binish,

You can still merge the trees but you’d need to order the list of input trees such that the ones with additional branches come last. In your example, only root2.root should have additional branches. In this case, no warning should be printed.

Cheers,
Jakob

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.