Dlopen error: for root 5.34 on mac high sierra 10.13.3

Hi All,
i am using
ROOT Version (5.34):
Platform: mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3

I am able to generate root files but not able to open the root file created because of the following error:
dlopen error: dlopen(/usr/local/Cellar/root/5.34.36/lib/root/libThread.so, 9): can’t resolve symbol __DefaultRuneLocale in /usr/local/Cellar/root/5.34.36/lib/root/libThread.so because dependent dylib #1 could not be loaded in /usr/local/Cellar/root/5.34.36/lib/root/libThread.so
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /usr/local/Cellar/root/5.34.36/lib/root/libThread.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading dependent library libThread.so for class TFile
dlopen error: dlopen(/usr/local/Cellar/root/5.34.36/lib/root/libRIO.so, 9): can’t resolve symbol __DefaultRuneLocale in /usr/local/Cellar/root/5.34.36/lib/root/libThread.so because dependent dylib #1 could not be loaded in /usr/local/Cellar/root/5.34.36/lib/root/libThread.so
Load Error: Failed to load Dynamic link library /usr/local/Cellar/root/5.34.36/lib/root/libRIO.so
Error in TCint::AutoLoadCallback: failure loading library libRIO.so for class TFile
Error: Function Open(“final1_ttvv.root”) is not defined in current scope (tmpfile):1:

Any help to resolve the issue will be really great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

do you see the same behaviour with ROOT6?

Cheers,
Danilo

Hi dpiparo,

Thank you for your reply.
I had done the installation using homebrew hep in 2016 for root. Now when root 5.34 gives me problem and i uninstalled it and tried to reinstall using homebrew hep. The default i get now is root6. But that does not work its says some c++ libraries mismatch. (Also, i have not used root6 before so i prefer to work with 5.34 if possible atleast for time being)

So now i restored my mac OS using time line restore, this makes my root 5.34 work properly for few days , then again the same error.

I can get a working root back only by time line restore, Could you suggest how could i avoid this dlopen error or get rid of this please ?

Thanks again
Namrata

Hi,

unfortunately we are not the maintainers of homebrew distributions of ROOT. Can you try one of our binaries or our sources: https://root.cern.ch/content/release-61206 ?

Cheers,
D

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.