Dividing histograms

Hi all,

I have written a very basic macro trying to demonstrate the equivalence of TComplex and TMath as they relate to Eulers relation.

{

#include "TH1F.h"
#include "TComplex.h"
#include "TRandom.h"

TComplex Qn;
  Qn=TComplex(0.);
  TRandom myRandom(12345);
  Double_t theta;

//Complex Terms                                                                                                                                                                                            
  TH1F *ComplexSin = new TH1F("ComplexSinValue","ComplexSinValue",100,-1,1);
  TH1F *ComplexCos = new TH1F("ComplexCosValue","ComplexCosValue",100,-1,1);

//"Normal" Terms                                                                                                                                                                                           
  TH1F *SinPlot = new TH1F("SinValue","SinValue",100,-1,1);
  TH1F *CosPlot = new TH1F("CosValue","CosValue",100,-1,1);

for (Int_t i=0;i<100000;i++)
    {
      //Generate Random Angle                                                                                                                                                                                
      theta=0.;
      theta=TMath::TwoPi()*myRandom.Rndm();
      //Make Complex Number                                                                                                                                                                                  
      Qn=TComplex(0.);
      Qn=TComplex::Exp(TComplex::I()*theta);
      //Fill Plots                                                                                                                                                                                           
      SinPlot->Fill(TMath::Sin(theta));
      CosPlot->Fill(TMath::Cos(theta));
      ComplexSin->Fill(Qn.Im());
      ComplexCos->Fill(Qn.Re());
    }

//Ratio Plots                                                                                                                                                                                              
  TH1F *SinRatio= ComplexSin->Divide(SinPlot);//THE LINE I AM HAVING TROUBLE WITH

}//End of the whole thing  

However I get an error that says

Any ideas?

thanks in advance,

J

Bool_t TH1::Divide(const TH1* h1)

Im sorry I am confused what you mean.

h1->Divide(h2); is a boolean operator?

Or that I have to change something to return a bool?

Yes, TH1::Divide return a bool which is false in case the operation resulted in an error.
I think in your case you should do:

TH1F *SinRatio = new TH1F("SinRatio","SinRatio",100,-1,1);
SinRatio->Divide(ComplexSin,SinPlot);

Lorenzo