Display 3D axis in TEveViewer

Hi,
how do you display 3D axes in TEveViewer? I managed do display the 2D axis from a projection (TEveProjectionAxes) but I can’t find anywhere a 3D equivalent.

Thank you very much,
Sebastien

Hi,

I don’t think we have a canned solution for this although it should be doable as we have them
in TEveCalo3D ($ROOTSYS/tutorials/eve/calorimeters.C, then click and rotate the 2d lego plot and it will jump into 3d). But I suspect this is all in the innards of that class.

I asked Alja to have a look, she’s the author / maintainer of this code.

Do you want “realistic” 3D axes or you want to set them arbitrarily? In TEveCalo3D we have a well defined “box” and this helps in drawing these axes correctly (where to put text / numbers).

Then there are the mostly useless GL viewer axes you can turn on from GL viewer object editor.

Cheers,
Matevz

Hi Sebastien,

I’ve wrote a macro which draws and example of 3D axis: uaf-2.t2.ucsd.edu/~alja/axis.C

If you are interested, more advanced usage of TGLAxisPainter is in class TEveCaloLegoGL.

Cheers,
Alja

Hi Alja and Matevz,
thanks very much fo you answers. Yes the macro works fine. And actually accessing the TGLViewer and DrawGuides() also does the jobs.
Cheers,
Sebastien