Difficulty compiling RooStats tutorial: HybridOriginalDemo

I am trying to compile the HybridOriginalDemo and am having further problems. I re-installed ROOT from source, adding the ./configure macosx64 --all (to enable all of the optional features). I no longer get compilation errors when I compile the subset of the HybridOriginalDemo up to:

/// run HybridCalculator on those inputs

But the line that says

HybridCalculatorOriginal myHybridCalc(*data, tot_pdf , bkg_ext_pdf , &nuisance_parameters, &bkg_yield_prior);

results in a compilation error of:

bash-3.2$ make -f testroostats.make g++ -c -O -I/usr/local/include -I/Users/mactop/root/include -I/Users/mactop/root/include testroostats.cpp g++ -o testroostats.exe -O testroostats.o -L/Users/mactop/root/lib -lCore -lCint -lRIO -lNet -lHist -lGraf -lGraf3d -lGpad -lTree -lRint -lPostscript -lMatrix -lPhysics -lMathCore -lThread -lpthread -Wl,-rpath,/Users/mactop/root/lib -lm -ldl -pthread -m64 -I/Users/mactop/root/include -L/usr/local/lib -lRooFit -lHtml -lMinuit -lRooFitCore clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-pthread' Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64: "RooStats::HybridCalculatorOriginal::HybridCalculatorOriginal(RooAbsData&, RooAbsPdf&, RooAbsPdf&, RooArgSet const*, RooAbsPdf*, bool, int, int)", referenced from: HybridOriginalDemo(int) in testroostats.o "RooStats::HybridCalculatorOriginal::~HybridCalculatorOriginal()", referenced from: HybridOriginalDemo(int) in testroostats.o ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64 clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation) make: *** [testroostats.exe] Error 1

Any thoughts? I addd the -lRooFitCore and other RooFit library linkings as was suggested in a different thread. Am I missing other libraries to link? Is there a repository listing of all the libraries one should link to so that I can look these up on my own?

And what about linking against libRooStats (-lRooStats)?

Cheers, Bertrand.

Yup, that worked.

Can you tell me where I might find out what all the different libraries to link are? Is there some part of the documentation that tells me that might have overlooked before now?

There is a “Libraries” tab in the “Class Charts” chapter of the Reference Guide, for example, in the HybridCalculatorOriginal class documentation:

And this information is available for all classes.

Cheers, Bertrand.