Dictionary problem when adding a vector of struct to TTree

Dear experts,
I’m trying to add a vector of struct branch to a ttree. Here is an example: the struct and a vector of it are defined as

[code]struct TS1{
double x;
float y;
int z;
};

typedef std::vector VTS1;[/code]
and I use the following code to add it to TTree: VTS1* vts1 = new VTS1(); t1->Branch("ts1", "std::vector<TS1>", &vts1); I create the dictionaries using rootcint and there is no error in the compiling. But following message appears when I run the executable:

[quote]Warning in TClass::Init: no dictionary for class TS1 is available
Error in TTree::Bronch: Container with no dictionary defined in branch: ts1[/quote]
and the output file seems having the expected number of entries but no real data:

root [0] Attaching file t1.root as _file0... (class TFile *) 0x34666a0 root [1] t1->GetEntries() (Long64_t) 100 root [2] t1->GetListOfBranches()->Print() Collection name='TObjArray', class='TObjArray', size=16 root [3] t1->Show(0) Error in <TTree::Show()>: Cannot read entry 0 (no data read)

What I’m missing? Thanks.

Dongliang

You need to load the shared library with your dictionary before you open your root file in an interactive session (and you need to link your executable with this library).

Thanks for the suggestion. While trying it, I found I had a typo in my code… and that’s the culprit. There was a warning in the compilation, but I didn’t pay much attention … sorry for the noise.

Dongliang