Description of sigma in the SearchHighRes function of spectrum

I see in the documentation that the sigma parameter in SearchHighRes means: "Therefore it can be useful to have a possibility to set a threshold value and to consider only the peaks higher than this threshold. The value in the center of the peak(value[i]) minus the average value in two symmetrically positioned channels(channels I-3 sigma, i + 3sigma) must be greater than the threshold. Otherwise, the peak is ignored ". However, when i actually tested it, i found that some of the peak counts in the found peaks were less than the average of the counts of i - 3sigma and i + 3sigma, which was a little difficult to understand. Can someone help me?

Hi @fqjboy ,

we need @jonas 's help here, let’s ping him.

Cheers,
Enrico

Hi @fqjboy ,

sorry for the high latency. As @jonas will be on leave for a while I asked @moneta to help out here.

Cheers,
Enrico

Hi
TSpectrum is a legacy interface and all what we have is in the provided documentation. We don’t have more expertise on how the algorithms are implemented.
If the documentation is not clear enough or if the code is not behaving as documented, I would suggest trying to look then in the source code.

Cheers

Lorenzo

Lorenzo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.