Cycling through events in Eve

Hi all,

I’ve just started playing with Eve and I really dig it. How do I set up the Manager to automatically cycle through events? I don’t immediately see this in any of the examples.

In the simplest case, I’d like to take the lineset_test.C macro (or the lineset_test.py script) and cycle through different sets of randomly generated lines.

The other thing I’d like to do is have the Manager move the view/camera through some pre-defined path to change the view for either the same event or some set of events.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Hi Matt,

For all time-interval tasks you can use TTimer in synchronous mode.
root.cern.ch/root/htmldoc/TTimer.html

An advanced example of event auto-loading is in ALICE AliEveEventManager:
alisoft.cern.ch/viewvc/trunk/EVE … iew=markup
search for “AutoLoad” throughout the code.

For automatic camera rotation via TTimer, see:

We are planning to support camera paths in the future, but it might take a while. If you are interested in helping us, this can happen earlier :slight_smile:

Let me know if the examples are too dense - I can make a simple extension of the lineset_test.C macro. Or - if you make it yourself - I’d be interested in adding it to the tutorial.

Probably worth mentioning - I have not used EVE much from python (other than making lineset_test.py work together with Wim) - so let us know if you have any trouble.

Cheers,
Matevz

Hi Matevz,

Thanks for the pointers to the code. Let me hack away at it for a bit with this guidance and if I come up with a simple example for what I’m doing, I’ll forward it to you for consideration to be added to the tutorials.

If the camera paths become more of an issue for me, I’ll definitely let you know if I have spare cycles to contribute to development. :slight_smile:

Thanks again, and might I say, very nice job with Eve. It’s a pretty impressive framework!

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for encouraging words about Eve - I hope it will serve you well :slight_smile:

Best,
Matevz