Creating nested class with private access modifier

A strange behavior occurs when I try to create a shared library for a cpp (e.g. test.cpp) file (by typing .L test.cpp++ in ROOT interpreter). The header file (e.g. test.h) defines a nested class (A::B) with private access modifier. I got the following error

test_cc_ACLiC_dict.cxx: In function 'ROOT::TGenericClassInfo* ROOT::GenerateInitInstanceLocal(const A::B*)':
/afs/cern.ch/user/c/chlcheng/CodeBase/TRootProcessor/macros/test/src/test_cc_ACLiC_dict.cxx:103:67: error: 'class A::B' is private within this context

Here is the definition of the header and cpp file:

In test.h:

class A{
private:
class B{};
};

In test.cpp:

#include "test.h"

This error only occurs when the header file is placed in the same folder as the cpp file. If I put the header file to some other folder, no error will pop up. Is there any way to get around this? Thanks a lot.

Hi @AlkaidC,

I invite @Axel to have a look.

Hi @AlkaidC ,

This part:

is really intriguing. Are you sure that it doesn’t pick up a different header?

Anyway - this reminded me of Loading... . Fixing that also fixed your issue! I’m working on the fix and a test - more updates soon! Thanks for your report!

It is likely/plausible ACLiC is then not requesting the dictionary for the content of the header (assuming it might not be related to the script).

In my original script I put my header in another folder i.e. macros/inc/ and my cpp file in the folder macros/src/. The shared library can be created without any error and all the class methods work just fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.