Configure: error: ROOT could be initialised but apparently it has been configured without Minuit2 functionality. Checkout the manual to find out how to add it

Hello! My system version is ubuntu20.04, the installed root version is 6.13.08, and the following error was reported when installing checkmate.

configure: error: ROOT could be initialised but apparently it has been configured without Minuit2 functionality. Checkout the manual to find out how to add it.

So, how should I add Minuit2?

Hi,
How did you install ROOT ? Did you build it from source or you downloaded a binary installation ?
I would suggest you in any case to install a more recent version of ROOT, like 6.26 or 6.24, which should have Minuit2 installed

Cheers

Lorenzo

Thanks for your reply. I build the root6.13.08 from source. The current minimum version of binary installation for ubunto20.04 is root6.20.00.
But I want to use it with CheckMATE, and CheckMATE is only compatible with versions below root6.20. My friends and I have installed versions below root 6.20 on ubuntu 18.04 before last year to successfully use CheckMATE. But now my computer’s system is ubuntu 20.04, and root 6.13.08 has been successfully installed. When trying to install CheckMATE, the problem with Minuit2 arises.
So I really can’t figure out how to fix it.

Hi,
If you have built from source, then is very easy to add Minuit2 support. You just need to re-configure ROOT with cmake, by adding Minuiy2 support and then rebuild again. Do from your build directory:

cmake . -Dminuit2=On
cmake --build . 

Lorenzo

Ok. Thanks a lot for your help, the problem is solved.

best,
Huifang

Sorry, I have to disturb you again. Because Checkmate official staff told me that for ubuntu20.04 system, the best match is
Delphes 3.4.2, MG5_aMC 2.7.3 Pythia 8.244 root 6.22.00, so I reinstalled root6.22.00, either build it from source or downloaded a binary installation. When I execute ./configure, the following errors are generated:

configure: error: ROOT could be initialised but apparently it has been configured without Python functionality. Checkout the manual to find out how to add it.
Also I try cmake . -Dpython=On
but the following errors are generated:

-- Looking for Python
-- ROOT default compression algorithm: zlib
CMake Error at cmake/modules/RootBuildOptions.cmake:391 (message):
  >>> Option 'python' is no longer supported in ROOT 6.22.00.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:122 (include)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/home/liuning/software/checkmate/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/home/liuning/software/checkmate/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

Therefore, I am asking you for advice at once. Looking forward to your reply.

best
Huifang

Hello,

Can you try -Dpyroot=ON? But it should be on by default.

Thank you for your reply. Due to my own carelessness, delphes was not compiled ahead of time, and now checkmate is successfully installed, but after I execute ./CheckMATE, a new error starts to appear: No module named scipy.
However, I confirmed that I have the model installed.

pip list
scipy 1.8.0

:face_with_monocle:

Well, I’ve successfully installed and it’s working! Thanks for your help.
Also, if anyone else has installation issues, I’d be more than happy to help. Welcome to ask questions!
Best,
Huifang

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.