Compiling with ROOT libraries, ROOT v4_04_02, VC++ V7.1

Hi,
I am trying to build some code in Visual Studio v7.1, and including some ROOT libraries (v4_04_02). I followed the instructions on
slac.stanford.edu/~gentit/cas/XPDebug.html

(except the part about building dictionaries, as I dont write any user defined classes that can be used interactively).

My code builds and links fine. When I go to run it, I get the message
… libCore.dll not found.

I have seen this problem before on the forum but found no solution that applies here, ie no cygwin - maybe someone can point me to a thread?

Anyway,
I have env variables:
In the user section
ROOTSYS: D:\Applications\ROOT\v4_04_02\root

In the system section
INCLUDE:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\include;%ROOTSYS%\include

LIB:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\SDK\v1.1\Lib;%ROOTSYS%\lib

Path:%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\WBEM;%HummPATH%;C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Client\Program;C:\Program Files\OpenAFS\Common;C:\Program Files\CERN\Castor\bin;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem;%ROOTSYS%\bin;%ROOTSYS%\lib

In VC++
Tools->Options->Projects->VC++ Directories
$(ROOTSYS)\bin added to Executable files
$(ROOTSYS)\include added to Include files
$(ROOTSYS)\lib $(ROOTSYS)\bin added to Library files

My compiler options are
/Od /D “WIN32” /D “_DEBUG” /D “_CONSOLE” /D “_MBCS” /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MD /GR /Fo"Debug/" /Fd"Debug/vc70.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /Wp64 /ZI /TP

My linker options are
/OUT:“Debug/tagging.exe” /INCREMENTAL /NOLOGO /DEBUG /PDB:“Debug/tagging.pdb” /SUBSYSTEM:CONSOLE /MACHINE:X86 libCore.lib libHist.lib libCint.lib libGraf.lib libGraf3d.lib libGpad.lib libTree.lib libRint.lib libPostscript.lib libMatrix.lib libPhysics.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib winspool.lib comdlg32.lib advapi32.lib shell32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib uuid.lib odbc32.lib odbccp32.lib

My project has a main file with
#include “TROOT.h”
#include “TApplication.h”
int main(void)
{
TApplication theApp(“TestFrame”,0,0);

theApp.Run(); 
return 0;

}

I try to fill a histogram in another class, called by main.

I may be completely missing something here, can anybody help.

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

Try to add ROOTSYS=D:\Applications\ROOT\v4_04_02\root into the system environment variables.
The system only search for dlls in %Path% (they are executables)

Cheers,
Bertrand.