Compiling under msvc** .NET 2003

Hello,

Axel has been helping me thus far but I wanted to see if he could be relieved of some of the load. We solved a couple of issues and I started the build process thjis afternoon. It went on for about an hour. It says that the build failed. I have attached the BuildLog file as a WORD document. It is very long. I cannot yet figure out what went wrong.

I can now find “root.exe” in c:\root\bin\ and can double click it and root starts, I haven’t tried to use it though.

Assuming that I ever do get it compiled, is root run as before, from an Xterm window?

thanks,
Harry Themann
BuildLog.doc (1.64 MB)

Hi Harry,

[quote=“Harry”]It says that the build failed. I have attached the BuildLog file as a WORD document. It is very long. I cannot yet figure out what went wrong.[/quote]Me neither - except for the BSC part I cannot find any complaints from the build. You can ignore the BSC “too many references” warning/error; it should not show up next time you build root, but even now root seems to have built just fine.

[quote=“Harry”]Assuming that I ever do get it compiled, is root run as before, from an Xterm window?[/quote]I believe you just got it compiled. You can start it either by double-clicking root.exe, or from the console (cmd.exe). This assumes you’ve put %ROOTSYS% into your system’s environment variables, and appended %ROOTSYS%\bin to your %PATH% env var. See other threads or google on how to set them.
Axel.