Compiling ROOT 6.18.00 on Windows

Dear All,

I try to compile ROOT but I experienced many errors. It seems I didn’t start the proper way.

Here is my cmake command line:

cmake -G “Visual Studio 16 2019” c:\root-6.18.00-source -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=C:/Users/ode/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/python.exe -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=C:/Users/ode/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/include -DPYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Users/ode/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/libs/python37.lib

My CMakeCache.txt file is attached and the list of Errors too.

May you please help me?

List of Errors.txt (193.6 KB)
CMakeCache.txt (106.7 KB)

ROOT Version: 6.18.00
Platform: Windows 10
Compiler: Visual Studio 2019 - Windows Kit version 10.0.17763.0

Open a x86 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2019 and try:

cmake -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A Win32 -Thost=x64 -DPYTHON_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=C:/Users/ode/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/python.exe -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=C:/Users/ode/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/include -DPYTHON_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=C:/Users/ode/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/libs/python37.lib c:\root-6.18.00-source

By default CMake select x64, which is not yet supported.

Thank you very much for your reply, it works perfectly well.

The only problem now is that I get back to the error already identified:

Assertion failed: !(isOverridden && isOutOfDate) && "an overridden cannot be out-of-date", file C:\root\root-6.18.00-source\interpreter\llvm\src\tools\clang\include\clang/Serialization/Module.h, line 72

What I do not understand is that the very first time I started root I didn’t have this error and as soon as I closed it and started it again I got this error as seen on the pictures…

Is there a way to solve this problem at this stage?

I’ve never seen such behavior… Could you try to start root from a x86 Native Tools Command Prompt for VS 2019?

Thank you very much for your help.

I’ll try to reproduce the problem. Note that it could be an issue which has already been fixed in the master (and maybe also in 6.18.04)

In case it can help, I have encountered this problem before with other versions of ROOT. This came back when I updated Visual Studio 2019 to version 16.3.7.

By the way, recompiling leads to the behavior described, works fine the very first time and then this error again.

Thank you again!

I tried with the master version and it works…

I guess you were right.

Thank you again for your time!

1 Like

Cool! Thanks for trying!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.