Compiling error

I am trying to compile a program with root.
It doesn’t give me in the error message what’s wrong, or where i missed out, only the following:
If you need any other info, as the code itself, i’ll post it.

vader@vader-Studio-1555:~/work/C$ root test.C+
root [0]
Processing test.C+…
Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /home/vader/work/C/./test_C.so
/home/vader/work/include/energytable.h: In function ‘Double_t Findenergysoftneu(Double_t, Int_t)’:
/home/vader/work/include/energytable.h:505: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
/home/vader/work/include/energytable.h: In function ‘Double_t Findenergysoftaneu(Double_t, Int_t)’:
/home/vader/work/include/energytable.h:402: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
/home/vader/work/include/energytable.h: In function ‘Double_t Findenergyhardneu(Double_t, Int_t)’:
/home/vader/work/include/energytable.h:300: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
/home/vader/work/include/energytable.h: In function ‘Double_t Findenergyhardaneu(Double_t, Int_t)’:
/home/vader/work/include/energytable.h:197: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
In file included from /home/vader/work/C/./test_C_ACLiC_dict.h:33,
from /home/vader/work/C/./test_C_ACLiC_dict.cxx:16:
/home/vader/work/C/./test.C: In function ‘void test(hello*, Int_t, Int_t, Int_t, Int_t)’:
/home/vader/work/C/./test.C:32: warning: ‘file’ may be used uninitialized in this function
/home/vader/work/C/./test.C:38: warning: ‘dur’ may be used uninitialized in this function
Error: Function test() is not defined in current scope :0:
*** Interpreter error recovered ***

I isolated the problem to the fact that my function test(). The compiler is crashing when i do the following:
void test(int i)
if it was without the int i inside, it will compile. However it’s no use to me, since i need to use input variables.

Hi,

.x whatever.C (with or without “+”) means “load the file whatever.C and call whatever()”. And ROOT is letting you know that there is no whatever() to be called.

You can either give that entry function (if you have it) a new name, test() in your case, or alternatively load the file using .L test.C or .L test.C+ and then use it, e.g. calling any function therein.

Cheers, Axel.