Compiling Error: 'ushort'

Hello,
I am getting this error using the current git branch master.

g++ -O2 -pipe -m64 -Wshadow -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -o io/io/src/TMakeProject.o -c /home/whit/root/io/io/src/TMakeProject.cxx bin/rmkdepend -R -fio/io/src/TMapFile.d -Y -w 1000 -- -pipe -m64 -Wshadow -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -D__cplusplus -- /home/whit/root/io/io/src/TMapFile.cxx g++ -O2 -pipe -m64 -Wshadow -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -o io/io/src/TMapFile.o -c /home/whit/root/io/io/src/TMapFile.cxx /home/whit/root/io/io/src/TMapFile.cxx:112: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘ushort’ with no type /home/whit/root/io/io/src/TMapFile.cxx:112: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘*’ token make: *** [io/io/src/TMapFile.o] Error 1

I am using debian squeeze. Is there some dependency which takes care of defining ushort?

Hi, can you look in the system headers where ushort is defined on your version of Debian and then add this include in TMapFile.cxx to see if it compiles. When it does mail me the patch.

Cheers, Fons.

Hello,

I just changed that line of TMapFile.cxx to “unsigned short” and things compiled just fine.
I cannot find where ushort is defined. It appears to be just a missing typedef in ROOT, but I have not had this problem before…