Compile problem: v5-34-00 on Suse 10.2

Hello,

I am trying co compile v5-34-00 on Suse 10.2 with gcc 4.1.2. I am also enabling the python as I would like to be able to use pyroot and rootpy, but that is bit furhter down the road I guess.

I am doing local installatin as I doo not have root rights on my computer.

I have downloaded the ROOT as gzip.

Anyway - I have configure the installation with following command:

./configure --enable-python --with-python-incdir=/math/pub/python/python2.6.5/include/ --with-python-libdir=/math/pub/python/python2.6.5/lib/ 

The configuration did not produce any errors or warnings.

After longer compilation (with one core only, to be on the safe side) I get the following error:

g++ -O2 -pipe -m64 -Wshadow -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude    -pt
hread -o main/src/rmain.o -c /home/y1mkal/root/root/main/src/rmain.cxx
g++ -m64 -O2  -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--as-needed -o bin/root.exe main/src/rmain.
o  \
           -Llib -lCore -lCint -lRint -lm -ldl  -pthread   -rdynamic
/usr/lib64/gcc/x86_64-suse-linux/4.1.2/../../../../x86_64-suse-linux/bin/ld: war
ning: libCint.so, needed by lib/libCore.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpat
h-link)
lib/libRint.so: undefined reference to `G__search_typename2'
lib/libRint.so: undefined reference to `G__add_compiledheader'
lib/libRint.so: undefined reference to `G__getgvp'
.... (this list of indefined intems goes on)

As I am not really on the level of system administrator please be kind and keep it simple :slight_smile:

I will gladly provide more information ( I am not sure right now what information may be missing )

thank you

I would really appreciate your help …

Hi,

Try against after running:. bin/thisroot.shto insure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Thanks, that did not work either. But yesterday the OS was updated to a new Suse and the installation of ROOT trunk was completely smooth.

So - problem solved (in a way) :slight_smile: