Compile error with v5.28.00c under kubuntu 11.04

Hi root users,

I am trying to compile root (v5.28.00c) under kubuntu 11.04. I use the following option to configure:
/configure --with-x11-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --with-xft-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --with-xext-libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr/local

With “make” it get the following error message:
/home/miriam/Downloads/root/proof/proof/src/TDataSetManager.cxx: In member function ‘virtual void TDataSetManager::MonitorUsedSpace(TVirtualMonitoringWriter*)’:
/home/miriam/Downloads/root/proof/proof/src/TDataSetManager.cxx:708:1: internal compiler error: in redirect_jump, at jump.c:1443

Is there a way to solve the problem?

Thanks,
Miriam

Hi Miriam,

compile the offending file using -O instead of -O2. Just cut and paste the compile statement and change -O2 by -O and it should compile. After that continue with make again. I’ve made changes in the Makefile so that this will be automatic in the v5-28-00-patches trunk (will be in v5-28-00d) and in the trunk.

Cheers, Fons.

Hi,

the same happens, by the way, with TProof.cxx and TDSet.cxx. Using -O instead of -O2 fixes the problem. Maybe you’d like to include this into your Makefile, too.

Cheers,
Peter

Hi,

TDset.cxx is already compiled with -O. When running on 11.04 everything compiles fine for me using the trunk.

Cheers, Fons.

Alright. I did use the current production version.