Compilation failed with multiple files in <ACLiC>

_ROOT Version: 6.18/04
_Platform: MacOs 10.14.6

Hi . I am writing 3 classes with the .cxx and .h files. The three classes are written in c++.
When i try to compile the .cxx (an empty main is present in the last file, just in order to see if there are any compilation error )files with a simple
g++ ParticleType.cxx ResonanceType.cxx Particle.cxx
I don’t get any compilation error .

However when I open Root and i try the following :
{ gROOT->ProcessLine(".L ParticleType.cxx+"); gROOT->ProcessLine(".L ResonanceType.cxx+"); gROOT->ProcessLine(".L Particle.cxx+"); }

I get this output with these multiple errors :

Info in <TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /Users/jacopo/Desktop/./ResonanceType_cxx.so
sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Error in <ACLiC>: Compilation failed!
Info in <TMacOSXSystem::ACLiC>: creating shared library /Users/jacopo/Desktop/./Particle_cxx.so
sh: -c: line 0: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `"'
sh: -c: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file
Error in <ACLiC>: Compilation failed!

I don’t have any idea on how to manage this . I tried this on a Linux device and it works . Any help or ideas ?

In your “first version” (before editing), I can see that the full path contains spaces inside. This may be your problem. Try to work in a directory for which the full path does not contain any spaces (nor any “special characters”).

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.