Compilation error on debian with gcc 4.2.1

Hi, I have the following error message.

cint/src/gcc3strm.cxx: In function ‘int G__G__stream_7_7_0(G__value*, const char*, G__param*, int)’:
cint/src/gcc3strm.cxx:311: error: ‘class std::fpos<__mbstate_t>’ has no member named ‘operator==’
cint/src/gcc3strm.cxx: In function ‘int G__G__stream_7_8_0(G__value*, const char*, G__param*, int)’:
cint/src/gcc3strm.cxx:317: error: ‘class std::fpos<__mbstate_t>’ has no member named ‘operator!=’

If I cannot use the compiler 4.2.1 version, how can I compile root with the version gcc 4.1.? I have at least gcc 4.1 and also 3.4 installed, but do not know how to activate. I am a newbie.

Thanks for all help I can get,

cheers,

-edawg

I even cannot compile the old version 5.12 that worked some month ago. I cann add that also using the 3.4 compiler does not work. I did:

CC=cc-3.4 && CXX=c+±3.4 && export CC CXX

I get same errormessages. Something is screwed up on my machine, I guess. All my other stuff compiles nicely and no error occured at anything else than root.

Thank you for any help,

-edawg

Hi,

defining CXX etc is not sufficient; you will have to create a symbolic link called gcc and g++ to g+±3.4, and put it into the PATH in front of GCC 4.2.1. The underlying problem with GCC 4.2.1 will be fixed in CVS probably on Monday.

Cheers, Axel.

Thanks a lot, I’ll check out the latest cvs-version and try.

Hello,
I’m also playing with gcc4.2.1, so I able the report a compilation error with gcc 4.2.1:

include/TAtomicCountGcc.h:31:28: error: bits/atomicity.h: No such file or directory

In gcc 4.2.1 the atomicity.h is located in ext/atomicity.h…

Cheers,

TRS

Hi,

This problem should now be completely resolved in the svn trunk.

Cheers,
Philippe