delete c;

c = new TCanvas();
gStyle->SetPalette(kRust);
t->Draw("a:b", "", "*L PLC PMC");
t->Draw("a:b+1", "", "SAME *L PLC PMC");
t->Draw("a:b+0.5", "", "SAME *L PLC PMC");
c->SaveAs("c2.root");
delete c;

What makes me scratch my head is that both canvases are visualized with the expected colour palettes when browsed with TBrowser. However, when loaded to the latest JSROOT at Read a ROOT file , c1 is visualized with the expected colour palette, while c2 is displayed with the default one (I guess). Am I doing something wrong or this could be a bug?

Best,
Piotr

ROOT Version: 6.30/01
Platform: Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon
Compiler: GCC 12.2.0

Hi @pkonopka,
thanks for reaching out!
I’ll add @linev in the loop as I think he may help…

Cheers,
Monica

Hi Piotr,

Colors management is complicated topic in ROOT.
Not always custom colors and custom palette preserved when TCanvas stored in the ROOT file.
Your macro demonstrates exactly this problem - only first canvas includes colors and palette.

You can add:

TColor::DefinedColors(1);

to ensure storage of ROOT colors with every canvas.

Generally I recommend to use default colors in ROOT and configure custom palette in JSROOT directly. You always can do it with &palette=97 URL parameter or via “Settings/Drawing/Palette” context menu. Settings can be stored in the browser localStorage and reused then many times.

I add small fix to JSROOT which improves handling of custom ROOT colors, but some side effects may remain

Regards,
Sergey

Thanks for the prompt reaction!

Your macro demonstrates exactly this problem - only first canvas includes colors and palette.

Aha! So the fact that I could see both canvases with kRust when inspecting via TBrowser was just a matter of opening them in the “good” order. Indeed when I open c2 first, I see the default colour palette.

Unfortunately we are at 6.30/01 now, so I won’t be able to use that immediately, but I will keep that waiting to be used, thanks! As far as I can tell, there is no way I can work this around before we bump ROOT in ALICE.

Thanks! We are usually able to bump JSROOT more freely, so I will check your latest release once it’s there.

Yes, functionality available only with recent 6.32 ROOT.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.