Cmake --build . error, libpcre

_ROOT Version: v5.34.38

I have an error while isntaling root, I paste the error down belong I have tried installing " apt-get install libpcre3 libpcre3-dev"
I have installed anaconda and I don’t know if that affects something. What can I do?

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libpcre.so.1, needed by lib/libCore.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)
/usr/bin/ld: lib/libCore.so: undefined reference to pcre_exec' /usr/bin/ld: lib/libCore.so: undefined reference to pcre_study’
/usr/bin/ld: lib/libCore.so: undefined reference to pcre_free' /usr/bin/ld: lib/libCore.so: undefined reference to pcre_compile’
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/hsimple.exe.dir/build.make:93: bin/hsimple.exe] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2371: CMakeFiles/hsimple.exe.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Error 2

Newer versions of Ubuntu/Debian do not ship anymore libpcre.so.1 with the libpcre3 package. You may be able to copy the libpcre.so.3 → libpcre.so.1 on your system, but that is a bit of a dangerous route.

In general, ROOT 5 is not supported anymore. Any chance you could upgrade to ROOT 6?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.