Cling Load Library Error(?)

ROOT Version: 6.32.02
Platform: win64
Compiler: MSVC 19.39.33521.0

I recently installed ROOT on my lab’s PC after about a year and a half of using my laptop (ROOT 6.26/10, win64, MSVC 19.32.31332.0). I’ve noticed that every single time I open ROOT whether it’s from PowerShell, Command Prompt, or the Command Prompt extension on VS Code, I get the same message after the splash page:

cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): LoadLibrary: returned 126: The specified module could not be found.
cling::DynamicLibraryManager::loadLibrary(): LoadLibrary: returned 126: The specified module could not be found.

It doesn’t seem to actually alter any of ROOT’s functionalities other than opening the object browser rather than defaulting the web-based RBrowser. I did not experience this on my laptop, only on my PC. I’m not sure if this is actually a problem but I’d like to see if I can fix it before I find out.

Thanks!

It looks like a (external?) dependency DLL is missing. Did you build ROOT yourself or did you take a pre-built binary?

I used the binary (the .exe one)

OK, then it’s difficult to know which file is missing on your PC and present on your laptop…

Is there a way to find out what sort of file is missing? Or if this will cause issues in the future?

Not as far as I know

That depends on what is missing

EDIT: I’ll give you a list of possible missing external dependencies to check asap

Thank you so much