Cling error

Helo i have tried to install the cling
and when i open it i get following error:

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!
Invoking:
LC_ALL=C x86_64-linux-gnu-g+±9 -O3 -DNDEBUG -xc++ -E -v /dev/null 2>&1 | sed -n -e ‘/^.include/,${’ -e ‘/^ /.*++/p’ -e ‘}’
Results was:
With exit code 0
input_line_1:1:10: fatal error: ‘new’ file not found
#include
^~~~~
Warning in cling::IncrementalParser::CheckABICompatibility():
Failed to extract C++ standard library version.

although i see the cling window, it opens but when i type the commands it doeasnt work properly
i use linux mint 21.1 (downloaded cling version for ubuntu, is that a problem, is there a way to do it for mint?)

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum!

It seems you do not have the local compiler installed: could you please be more precise about the way in which you installed cling and what is the local compiler available on your machine?

Best,
Danilo

i installed the cling from (sorry i cant put the link here but from root download files)
the compiler available is gcc

thank u for answer

Hello,

thanks. What version of cling and what gcc version on your local machine?

Best,
D

gcc: 11.4.0
cling: i just got the first one on the list i sent above

Hi,

Thanks: do you manage to compile code on the machine in your current setup, i.e. is the libc-dev package also installed?

Cheers,
D

hello
im not sure what do u mean by compiling code in current setup, like any code? or something related to cling?
libc-dev is installed

Thanks

as i said, cling could be run but im getting following warnings all tiime

Dear @catfish ,

ERROR in cling::CIFactory::createCI(): cannot extract standard library include paths!

Whenever you see an error such as this one, consider the installation of cling (or ROOT) broken in some way which doesn’t make it worth using it until that error is fixed. The best approach is to just do a fresh reinstall following instructions at Installing ROOT - ROOT.

downloaded cling version for ubuntu, is that a problem, is there a way to do it for mint?

This is surely a problem and you shouldn’t do this for any type of software. I believe the easiest way to install ROOT on your machine currently would be via conda.

Cheers,
Vincenzo