Class TQtThread not found in plugin GQt

Hi all,
I’m trying to run an application that uses ROOT libraries.

When I launch it, I get these errors:

Error in TPluginHandler::SetupCallEnv: class TQtThread not found in plugin GQt
Error in TUnixSystem::DynamicPathName: QtGui[.so | .sl | .dl | .a | .dll] does not exist in .:/localdisk/bomben/root/lib:/localdisk/bomben/root/lib:/localdisk/bomben/Prin/Pomone/daq/gui/daqwidgets:
/localdisk/bomben/Prin/Pomone/daq/lib:/localdisk/bomben/Prin/Pomone/daq/gui/Louvre:
/localdisk/bomben/Prin/Pomone/daq/gpib/lib:/usr/local/gcc/lib:
/afs/cern.ch/sw/lhcxx/specific/redhat73/gcc-3.2/CLHEP/2.0.0.0/lib

I think that the second one indicates that I don’t have the QTGui library, but I would like to understand if (and how) the first one is related to the second one.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Marco

Hi Marco,

The QtGui library is a part of so-called “ROOT Qt extensions” available at root.bnl.gov/QtRoot/QtRoot.html#switch

The class TQtThread and the statements related to it in Qt code were removed from ROOT CVS in March 2006. So, it could be that you are trying to run an application built against an old Qt library.

Please address your questions to QtRoot list at root.bnl.gov/

Cheers, Ilka

[quote=“bomben”]Hi all,
I’m trying to run an application that uses ROOT libraries.

When I launch it, I get these errors:

Error in TPluginHandler::SetupCallEnv: class TQtThread not found in plugin GQt
. . .

I think that the second one indicates that I don’t have the QTGui library, but I would like to understand if (and how) the first one is related to the second one.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Marco[/quote]
Hello Marco,

Can you clarify which version of ROOT you are working with.

TQtThread class was a part of the Qt-layer of ROOT distribution.

The class in question was eliminated as the redundant 15 months ago:

root.cern.ch/viewcvs/qt/inc/Attic/TQtThread.h

You should either install the newer version of ROOT or install the fresh version of QtRoot layer from BNL CVS root.bnl.gov/QtRoot/How2Install4Unix.html

Let me know whether you have any trouble with that. I am willing to guide and assist you.
You may find the topic root.cern.ch/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5123 useful for you also.