CINT With clang in OSX 10.9.2

Hi all,

I’m trying to compile some code with clang on OSX 10.9.2. The framework works fine in 10.8, on Linux, etc. The current hang-up I can’t get passed is when I try to run rootcint. On some files, this works fine as normal. On others (with no discernible pattern), I’ll get: " -s : Step into function/loop mode " and then a lot of garbage, generally exemplified by " !!!Calling default constructor (G__CINT_ENDL()) 0x7ff4d36b31a0 for declaration of endl cint/cint/src/decl.cxx:2785 ". This repeats for a lot of stdio types, and then a lot of templated types in my framework (i.e. “!!!Calling constructor (Key<0>(“Mety”)) 0x7ff4d5b95030 for declaration of my cint/cint/src/decl.cxx:2218”).

Now, this will actually seemingly complete for 1 or 2 more files, but then it eventually gets to a file where this completely hangs and the compilation stalls forever without crashing or finishing. Has anyone else seen this issue?

The attached file has my full compilation log for this-- sorry for the messy printout. You can search for “rootcint” to get to the relevant parts.

Thanks for any tips!

Cheers,
Max

Sorry, missed the attachment. The failures start at line 2788, by my eye.

Cheers,
Max
debug.txt (254 KB)

Hi swiatlow,

I am having exactly the same problem. Did you get any reply, or managed to find the answer?

Thanks a lot.

Hugo

Hi,

I see it happens in your example while:

Running rootcint for eventbuilders/EventBuilder_SUSYBOOST

Does it always happen for this step? Could you show the rootcint invocation that triggers it?

Cheers, Axel.