CINT Error: "could not create file" when using bra

Hi there,

Using self compiled root 5.16.00 versions on both Ubuntu Gutsy and Fedora 7 I get a strange error when trying to enclose code in braces (i.e. { }) while using the root interpreter.

I can open the multiline sequence with “{”, but as soon as I try to enter any command including the closing brace “}”, the interpreter gives me:

Error: could not create file

After closing the multiline statement (and getting this error), every further single line command leads to no action but above statement and I have to restart the interpreter. At first I thought this is simply a problems with permissions in the /tmp folder, but that was not the case.

With root 5.18 compiled on Ubuntu Gutsy, the error also seems to be gone.

With the exception of the described error root 5.16.00 seems to work fine.

I searched the forum and other resources about that, but the error seems not to happen very often, although I got it on 4 different PCs using 2 different linux distros.

Can anybody help?

Best regards,

Tristan

Hi,

this was a very unfortunate bug that went into v5.16 but was fixed shortly after. I am afraid your only solution is to use the (anyway much better) v5.18.

Cheers, Axel.

I see, thanks for the reply. Is there some kind of ugly fix for this? Because atm I cannot switch to root 5.18.

Cheers,

Tristan

Hi,

sorry, there is no workaround that I know of (except for e.g. putting the commands into a file). Why do you need to use 5.16? It should not be the version of choice in any environment…

Cheers, Axel.

We use a patched version of 5.16.00, and as I don’t have access nor knowledge about the patches I unfortunately have no choice but using this version at the moment.

Nevertheless thanks for the info!

Tristan