Can't use DATA on my HDD on root/ubunto

Hello, i’m a begginer with root and yesterday, I installed ubuntu and root on my computer on windows. Everything work perfectly but it’s still un-usable since i can’t use DATA from my HDD and the place allowed by unbuntu is far to be enough.

When I open TBrowser, i can only navigate to file wish are under the home/user/root.6.30.06 … but i have absolutely no acces to other HDD.

Maybe it’s juste really not possible to use root on windows.

Dear @KillianUB ,

Thanks for reaching out to the forum! Your problem does not seem to be related to ROOT per se. Accessing a folder from the Windows machine on WSL should be possible, there are many similar questions online, such as command line - How to access Windows files from Linux in WSL? - Ask Ubuntu .

Let me know if that helps,
Vincenzo

Hello, thanks for your answer. Unfortunately, I’ve tried everything I saw on internet and I understand why it’s not working but however, i dont know how to fixe it.

Should I install root in an other file ? Like what if i do cd mnt/c/Users/Me and then install root in it ?

Dear @KillianUB ,

Unfortunately I do not think that that will solve the issue per se, but you can try. Another possibility is installing the prebuilt binaries for Windows as demonstrated on the installation instructions.

Cheers,
Vincenzo

I saw that already but i don’t really understand what should i do exactly. As I mentionned it earlier, I am a beginner on it, I started using Root for an internship.

Dear @KillianUB ,

As I mentioned in previous responses, yours is really not a ROOT problem. There are many ways to use the Windows file system through WSL, and failing that ROOT also offers precompiled binaries for Windows.

If you need guidance in installing a generic software package in your work computer, I suggest you discuss it with your supervisor.

Let us know if any ROOT-related questions arise.

Cheers,
Vincenzo

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.