Cant find X11 libs after installing nvidia driver

Hi,

configure claims it cant find the X11 libs, although they’re exactly where it looks for them (/usr/X11R6/lib) and where they should be. Even if I specify with-X11-libs to point to that location it just wont do. Everything used to work fine on my old system but now that I’ve upgraded to suse 9.1 AND installed the nvidia driver I have this problem. (nvidia driver never used to work on my old system).
Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

Taken from (for ROOT 4.0 6a):

ld $ROOTSYS/bin/root

libXpm.so.4 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4 (0x40026000)
libX11.so.6 => /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6 (0x40036000)

Do these libraries exist in your X11R6 directory?

Are you sure this is a problem with installing the NVIDIA driver, and not a problem with upgrading your operating system and changing compilers? Did you try running ./configure before installing the NVIDIA drivers?

-Jason Thomas.

Yes, they exist and no, I’m not sure that it’s the nvidia drivers. I’ve updated two machines in exactly the same way (the hardware is a bit different) One one root 4 installed perfectly on the other one I get that error message when I configure. I really dont understand why the configure script claims it cant find the libs.

Copy the binaries from the other machine to this one, if they’re both the same OS and GCC they should be binary compatible.

-Jason Thomas.

Sorry for the late reply.

That certainly worked. The easiest solutions are always the best!

cheers,
J