Can't compile the code in latest root version

I can compile my code with the root version 5.26 and c++ 4.1.2 but not root version 5.32 and c++ V5.18.

The error message in the latest root software version always about TClass.h:

Error: Symbol map is not defined in current scope /usr/local/root-5.32.01/include/root/TClass.h:85:
Error: Symbol string,TObjArray is not defined in current scope /usr/local/root-5.32.01/include/root/TClass.h:85:
Error: G__getvariable: expression /usr/local/root-5.32.01/include/root/TClass.h:85:
Error: Symbol fConversionStreamerInfo is not defined in current scope /usr/local/root-5.32.01/include/root/TClass.h:85:
Error: Illegal pointer operation (tovalue) /usr/local/root-5.32.01/include/root/TClass.h:85:
Warning: Error occurred during reading source files
Warning: Error occurred during dictionary source generation
!!!Removing E14DataDict.C E14DataDict.h !!!
Error: rootcint: error loading headers…

Anyone knows how to fix it? Or some relative lib should be updated?

Hi,

Which compiler are you using (i.e what is c++ v5.18)? What platform are you compiling on?

Philippe.

Hi,

I use g++ for compiling on linux system.

[quote=“pcanal”]Hi,

Which compiler are you using (i.e what is c++ v5.18)? What platform are you compiling on?

Philippe.[/quote]

Hi,

The latest version of g++ we support 4.6 (4.7.0 has not yet been released). So I am not sure which version of gcc you are trying when you say ‘v5.18’.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi Philippe,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The gcc I’m using is gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-51).

Should I update it to 4.6?

[quote=“pcanal”]Hi,

The latest version of g++ we support 4.6 (4.7.0 has not yet been released). So I am not sure which version of gcc you are trying when you say ‘v5.18’.

Cheers,
Philippe.[/quote]

Hi,

I have no problem with a similar release of gcc (4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)). I suspect that you current directory and/or include directory contains a file literally named ‘map’ which interferes/replaces the one from the compiler.

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hi Philippe,

You are right. It’s solved. Thanks a lot…

[quote=“pcanal”]Hi,

I have no problem with a similar release of gcc (4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)). I suspect that you current directory and/or include directory contains a file literally named ‘map’ which interferes/replaces the one from the compiler.

Cheers,
Philippe.[/quote]