Can't compile ROOT v5-24-00

Hello !

I try to compile ROOT v5-24-00 :

1. svn co root.cern.ch/svn/root/tags/v5-24-00 root-5.24.
  2. ./configure linux --enable-afs --enable-gdml --enable-globus --enable-minuit2 --disable-monalisa --enable-pch --enable-qt --enable-qtgsi --enable-roofit --enable-soversion --enable-table --enable-unuran --enable-xrootd --with-pythia6-uscore=SINGLE --with-f77=g77
  3. make

And I get :

bin/rmkdepend -R -fnet/globusauth/src/GlobusAuth.d -Y -w 1000 – -pipe -m32 -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -I/opt/alien/globus/include/gcc32 -D__cplusplus – net/globusauth/src/GlobusAuth.cxx
g++ -O2 -pipe -m32 -Wall -W -Woverloaded-virtual -fPIC -Iinclude -pthread -I/opt/alien/globus/include/gcc32 -o net/globusauth/src/GlobusAuth.o -c net/globusauth/src/GlobusAuth.cxx
net/globusauth/src/GlobusAuth.cxx: In function void GlobusGetDetails(Int_t, Int_t, TString&)': net/globusauth/src/GlobusAuth.cxx:913: error: conversion fromint’ to TString' is ambiguous include/TString.h:231: note: candidates are: TString::TString(char) include/TString.h:228: note: TString::TString(const char*) net/globusauth/src/GlobusAuth.cxx:939: error: conversion fromint’ to `TString’ is ambiguous
include/TString.h:231: note: candidates are: TString::TString(char)
include/TString.h:228: note: TString::TString(const char*)
make: *** [net/globusauth/src/GlobusAuth.o] Error 1

Am I doing something wrong ?

Barth

Hi,

This problem has been fixed in the trunk and in the v5.24 patch branches
(see root.cern.ch/drupal/content/root … ease-notes).

You can work around the problem by disabling the globus plugin (add --disable-globus to the configure line).

Cheers,
Philippe.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Barth