Cannot load "libDelphes" in python script

Hello,

I have been trying to load the libDelphes library within a python script by running

ROOT.gSystem.Load("libDelphes")

but I obtain the following error

Error in <TMacOSXSystem::FindDynamicLibrary>: libDelphes[.so | .dll | .dylib | .sl | .dl | .a] does not exist in /usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.06_1/lib/root:/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.06_1/lib/root:/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.06_1/lib/root:/Users/yannickburkard/Documents/masterthesis/framework/MG5_aMC_v3_4_1/delphes-master:/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.06_1/lib/root:/Users/yannickburkard/Documents/masterthesis/framework/MG5_aMC_v3_4_1/delphes-master:::.:/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.06_1/lib/root:/usr/local/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/lib:/lib:/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/local/lib64:/usr/lib64:/lib64::/Users/yannickburkard/opt/anaconda3/lib:/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.06_1

I have tried solving the issue by specifying the paths in the ~/.bash_profile, it currently looks like this:

export ROOTSYS=/usr/local/Cellar/root/6.26.06_1
export PATH=$PATH:$ROOTSYS/bin
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH:$ROOTSYS/lib

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/yannickburkard/Documents/masterthesis/framework/MG5_aMC_v3_4_1/delphes-master:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export ROOT_INCLUDE_PATH=/Users/yannickburkard/Documents/masterthesis/framework/MG5_aMC_v3_4_1/delphes-master/external/
export ROOT_INCLUDE_PATH=/Users/yannickburkard/Documents/masterthesis/framework/MG5_aMC_v3_4_1/delphes-master/classes/:$ROOT_INCLUDE_PATH

Is there something missing?
I must mention that I was not able to locally build ExRootAnalysis, only Delphes.

ROOT Version: 6.26/06
Platform: macOS 12.6

In which directory is there a file named libDelphes.so (i.e the path added in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH may or may not be missing a /lib)?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.