Can not use "using ctor::ctor" from interpreter through pyROOT

Dear all,

I’m seeing a strange problem when trying to interpret and the use a C++ class from python.

[code]>>>>>> ROOT.gInterpreter.LoadText(“struct B {B(int i) : a(i) {}; int a;};struct C : public B { using B::B; int b=3;};”)
True

ROOT.C(4)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
TypeError: none of the 3 overloaded methods succeeded. Full details:
C::C() =>
takes at most 0 arguments (1 given)
C::C(const C&) =>
could not convert argument 1
C::C(C&&) =>
could not convert argument 1 (this method can not (yet) be called)
[/code]

This just works in standard root.
Now if I use the C ctor in the text to be interpreted it works :

[code]>>>>>> ROOT.gInterpreter.LoadText(“struct B {B(int i) : a(i) {}; int a;};struct C : public B { using B::B; int b=3;};void f(){C c(4);}”)
True

ROOT.C(4)
<ROOT.C object at 0x2fe3bf0>
[/code]

Am I doing something wrong ?

Btw are the differences between gInterpreter->LoadText() and gInterpreter->ProcessLine() ?
From some my tests it seems the code from the first runs much faster : is it actually compiled while the other is only interpreted ?

Cheers,

P-A

Hi,

‘using’ relations were not made available through the reflection layer, so PyROOT is blind to them. In the past, I’ve made a few common 'using’s explicitly available (see AddUsingToClass() in Utility.cxx). I’m not aware of current changes/upgrades in ROOT/meta, but then I’m not following those either.

Cheers,
Wim

Dear Wim,

Thanks for your answer. There’s still something I don’t understand : the exact same line orks with 6.04.

[code]>>>>>> ROOT.gROOT.GetVersion()
‘6.04/02’

ROOT.gInterpreter.LoadText(“struct B {B(int i) : a(i) {}; int a;};struct C : public B { using B::B; int b=3;};”)
True
ROOT.C(4)
<ROOT.C object at 0x290f7e0>
c=ROOT.C(4)
c.a
[/code]

The error I reported was obtained with 6.08.

Also could you point me to this AddUsingToolClass() : the search box in the reference guide is unable to find it.

Thanks again,

P-A

Hi,

if it worked before and not later, then it must be on ROOT/meta’s TCling side. I’d file a bug report then. (Checking ‘git log’ only shows removal of ‘tab’ and trailing white spaces as edits, so it can’t be on the PyROOT side.) As for ‘AddUsingToolClass’ … the method I wrote about is ‘AddUsingToClass’ and it is not part of the public interface.

Cheers,
Wim