C++ as scripting language / different scripting engine than cling

Hi !

I have started to work on making C++ scriptable, basic ideas and some background information can be found from this document:

(Document is really draft, read behind the lines ideas)

The main reason why I did not want to proceed with cling - is because it’s not possible to debug it on Visual studio / Microsoft based compilers.

I host my own git hub repository in here:

And currently I have really draft cppexec tool similar to cling, which can execute .cpp scripts by compiling
.cpp to .dll. Execution time is rather slow, but I intend to speed up later on by having visual studio (compiler) up-and-running.

testCppApp.cpp:

#include "Project.h"

using namespace std;

void __declspec(dllexport) main(void)

{

printf("Hello world");

}

C:\Prototyping\cppscriptcore> cppexec.exe -time -vs 2017

testCppApp.cpp: compile... execute:

Hello world

Elapsed time: 6.00 seconds

At the moment trying to set up unit test environment for cppexec, see for example https://stackoverflow.com/a/56097374/2338477 this post.

But even thus I have not switched to cling, I don’t see any reason why we cannot have some sort of common testing framework between cling & cppexec - does anyone sees any idea on cooperation between our script engines. Should I elaborate / explain my ideas bit deeper ?

We are using llvm’s test infrastructure for cling; you are welcome to re-use it (see its license)!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.