Building ROOT on FreeBSD fails

Hi:
I am trying to build ROOT on FreeBSD/i386 7.0 with:

./configure freebsd5
gmake

and it fails:

==> lib/libMathCore.so done
Generating dictionary reflex/src/G__Reflex.cxx…
utils/src/rootcint_tmp -cint -f reflex/src/G__Reflex.cxx -c -p -Ireflex/inc reflex/inc/Reflex/Any.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Base.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Callback.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Kernel.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Member.h reflex/inc/Reflex/MemberTemplate.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Object.h reflex/inc/Reflex/PluginService.h reflex/inc/Reflex/PropertyList.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Scope.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Tools.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Type.h reflex/inc/Reflex/TypeTemplate.h reflex/inc/Reflex/ValueObject.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/ClassBuilder.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/CollectionProxy.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/DictSelection.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/EnumBuilder.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/FunctionBuilder.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/NamespaceBuilder.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/NewDelFunctions.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/TypeBuilder.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/TypedefBuilder.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/UnionBuilder.h reflex/inc/Reflex/Builder/VariableBuilder.h reflex/inc/LinkDef.h
: error: macro names must be identifiers
Error: external preprocessing failed. :0:
!!!Removing reflex/src/G__Reflex.cxx reflex/src/G__Reflex.h !!!
Error: utils/src/rootcint_tmp: error loading headers…
gmake: *** [reflex/src/G__Reflex.cxx] Error 1
rm utils/src/rootcint_tmp.cxx utils/src/RStl_tmp.cxx

Do I have to tweak something to get it right?

Saludos

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

which version of ROOT are you trying to build? I fixed the FreeBSD build in the trunk, see savannah.cern.ch/bugs/?func=det … m_id=32833

Cheers, Axel.

I was using version 5.18/00. Sorry, but, what is the trunk? is it the development version?

Hi Hugo,

the HEAD of the trunk is even more recent than the development version: it’s the current snapshot of ROOT. See root.cern.ch/twiki/bin/view/ROOT … _ROOT_Subv

Cheers, Axel.

Ok, I’ve been able to compile it, but disabling kerberos. Are you planning to support FreeBSD in the future?

Thanks a lot for your help

Hugo

Our configure knows about FreeBSD systems but we do not have machines to test.
We expect the FreeBSD afficionados to maintain the system whenever there is a new version of the OS or ROOT.

Rene