Building ROOT from svn: problem with GL includes?

Dear experts,

For a little while I was having trouble building ROOT from svn. Now I took the time to check it out and the problem was this:

bin/rmkdepend -R -fgraf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.d -Y -w 1000 -- -pipe -W -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -Iinclude   -D__DARWIN_UNIX03=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread -I/usr/X11/include -D__cplusplus -- graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx
g++ -g -g3 -pipe -W -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -Iinclude   -D__DARWIN_UNIX03=1 -D_REENTRANT -pthread -I/usr/X11/include  -o graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.o -c graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx
In file included from graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:25:
include/TGLIncludes.h:17:21: error: GL/glew.h: No such file or directory
include/TGLIncludes.h:22:22: error: GL/glxew.h: No such file or directory
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx: In member function 'virtual void TF2GL::DirectDraw(TGLRnrCtx&) const':
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:107: error: 'GL_ENABLE_BIT' was not declared in this scope
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:107: error: 'GL_LIGHTING_BIT' was not declared in this scope
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:107: error: 'glPushAttrib' was not declared in this scope
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:109: error: 'GL_NORMALIZE' was not declared in this scope
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:109: error: 'glEnable' was not declared in this scope
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:110: error: 'GL_COLOR_MATERIAL' was not declared in this scope
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:110: error: 'glDisable' was not declared in this scope
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:115: error: 'GL_CULL_FACE' was not declared in this scope
graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.cxx:116: error: 'glPopAttrib' was not declared in this scope
gmake: *** [graf3d/gl/src/TF2GL.o] Error 1

This must have started at svn revision 28662:
root.cern.ch/viewvc/trunk/graf3d … 0&r2=28662

I have fixed this by putting a symlink in $ROOTSYS/include:
GL -> …/graf3d/glew/inc/GL
but what is the real solution to this? I tried a gmake distclean-graf but that did not help.

All of this is on an Intel MacBook running OS X 10.5.7 with gcc
i686-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1 (GCC) 4.0.1 (Apple Inc. build 5490). My ROOT configuration is:

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeroen

Did you run ./configure options ?

Rene

Hi Rene,

I did not explicitly rerun the configure step, no. This is just my ROOT svn area. I regularly update to the svn head. Sometimes I see that the configuration is rerun automatically. Should that have happened this time as well?

I mean, normally a simple svn up' followed bynice gmake’ should do the trick, right?

Thanks,
Jeroen

Hi Jeroen,

yes, you’re right, that’s usually enough. This change was different, though. To use the trunk you might want to watch the changelog at root.cern.ch/root/ChangeLog.phtm … angeLog-aa where these announcements (“need to reconfigure after this patch”) show up. Well, usually…

Cheers, Axel.