Building current cvs root (or 3.10.01) on win32gcc

Hi,

I was trying to build a fresh root 3.10.01 (cvs upped today) on win32gcc, using ./configure win32gcc. It fails with

Generating dictionary thread/src/G__Thread.cxx…
utils/src/rootcint_tmp.exe -f thread/src/G__Thread.cxx -c thread/inc/PosixThreadInc.h thread/inc/TCondition.h thread/inc/TConditionImp.h thread/inc/TMutex.h thread/inc/TMutexImp.h thread/inc/TPosixCondition.h thread/inc/TPosixMutex.h thread/inc/TPosixThread.h thread/inc/TPosixThreadFactory.h thread/inc/TRWLock.h thread/inc/TSemaphore.h thread/inc/TThread.h thread/inc/TThreadFactory.h thread/inc/TThreadImp.h thread/inc/LinkDef.h
Error: unrecognized language construct FILE:base/inc/TStorage.h LINE:77
Error: Function BIT(0) is not defined in current scope FILE:base/inc/TObject.h LINE:60

And all the other BITs, too. TStorage.h:77 has the ClassDef macro call. So it looks as if all the defines from Rtypes.h are missing (gdb tells me rootcint_tmp does parse Rtypes.h).

I was trying for some time now to figure out why this fails, but I can’t think of anything. So instead of wasting more time on this, I thought I’d just ask: Did anybody else see this before? Any idea what I’m doing wrong? It’s simple and stupid, I’m sure, but I can’t find it… (keep in mind: rootcint_tmp is properly built - it just doesn’t do what I expect it to do, i.e. parse Rtypes.h and remember what it parsed). And yes, ROOTSYS, PATH, TMP, TEMP, HOME etc are correct.

Axel.

Ha, just saw this after posting in the other win32gcc thread. Good to see you have the same problem :wink: as win32gcc developer. So now this looks like a CINT regression. Can you backtrack and see when it started failing?

Cheers, Fons.

follow-ups are here.