Building and running an application in a cluster

Hi,

I’m trying to run an application of mine in a cluster from my University. Since I don’t know the Garfield’s Library path there, I guess the best strategy would be to compile there. And again as I don’t know the Libraries’ path, I guess I can’t use my usual makefile, because for example there is a $GARFIELD_HOME command there.
So I believe I should follow the “Building and running an application” that I found on garfieldpp website, that is, for Gem the example:

cp -r $GARFIELD_HOME/Examples/Gem .
mkdir Gem/build; cd Gem/build
cmake ..
make
./gem

Although, for that I should use a CMakeLists.txt file, which I usually don’t use in my personal computer, and I don’t even know how to write or find one of that.
How can I write this CMakeLists.txt file?

Hi,
yes, if Garfield++ is not installed on your cluster, then you will need to build the project yourself, following the instructions on

or
http://garfieldpp.web.cern.ch/garfieldpp/getting-started/
and then build your application against it using the recipe ("Building and running an application”) that you found on the website.
You’ll find a CMakeLists.txt file in all of the Examples subdirectories of the source tree, for instance (for the GEM example):

It should be quite straightforward to adapt it to your application.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.