Build problem on Catalina

Hi,

I’m having build problems of version 6.20 on Catalina with the latest Xcode. I’m using:

cmake …/root-6.20.00/ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local/root -Droofit=ON -Dtmva=ON -Dminuit2=ON -Dpython=ON

cmake --build . – -j4

but I have a problem with missing GL/glew.h

[ 61%] Building C object build/CMakeFiles/rmkdepend.dir/rmkdepend/include.c.o
In file included from /Users/lista/Desktop/root-6.20.00/graf3d/ftgl/src/FTBitmapGlyph.cxx:3:
In file included from /Users/lista/Desktop/root-6.20.00/graf3d/ftgl/inc/FTBitmapGlyph.h:9:
In file included from /Users/lista/Desktop/root-6.20.00/graf3d/ftgl/inc/FTGL.h:21:
/Users/lista/Desktop/root_build/include/TGLIncludes.h:21:10: fatal error: ‘GL/glew.h’ file
not found
#include <GL/glew.h>
^~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated.
make[2]: *** [graf3d/ftgl/CMakeFiles/FTGL.dir/src/FTBitmapGlyph.cxx.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [graf3d/ftgl/CMakeFiles/FTGL.dir/all] Error 2
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs…

Do you have any suggestion?

Thanks,

Luca

Looks like it is not finding glew, can you try to build with -Dbuiltin_glew=ON ?

@oshadura

Lorenzo privately suggested to try with -Dgl=OFF. I’m rebuilding right now, will let you know how it goes (it’s taking time…)

-Dgl=OFF doesn’t help, I’ll try with -Dbuiltin_glew=ON. But will take time with trial and error. Is there any tested recipe for Mac OS Catalina?

@llista yes we build with Catalina and with the latest Xcode. -Dbuiltin_glew=ON should help you, but it is very strange that it was not enabled automatically. Do you have opengl=ON?

Can you send me please output of your configuration step (when do you run cmake)

Got worse now:

In file included from /Users/lista/Desktop/root_build/include/TMathBase.h:32:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cmath:318:9: error: no member named ‘signbit’ in the global namespace
using ::signbit;
~~^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cmath:319:9: error: no member named ‘fpclassify’ in the global namespace
using ::fpclassify;
~~^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cmath:320:9: error: no member named ‘isfinite’ in the global namespace
using ::isfinite;
~~^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cmath:321:9: error: no member named ‘isinf’ in the global namespace
using ::isinf;
~~^

log.txt (4.0 KB)

@Axel can you help us please to understand what is happening on Catalina with latest XCode?

check here: Root catalina bug report

Well, the bug report says:

These issues are fixed in the HEAD of the 6.18 branch and the master. Alternatively just download https://root.cern/download/nightly/root_v6.18.99.macosx64-10.15-clang110.pkg or the upcoming v6.20/00 or v6.18/06.

I’m actually using ROOT 6.20.00. What should I do?

Hi Luca,

• Could you share your CMakeCache.txt?
  • Did you upgrade and then continue with the same build?
  • What’s the output of compiling
// test.cxx:
auto b = isfinite(0.2);
return 0;

$ clang++ -c test.cxx

Axel.

clang++ -c test.cxx
test.cxx:1:1: warning: ‘auto’ type specifier is a C++11 extension [-Wc++11-extensions]
auto b = isfinite(0.2);
^
test.cxx:1:10: error: use of undeclared identifier ‘isfinite’
auto b = isfinite(0.2);
^
test.cxx:2:1: error: expected unqualified-id
return 0;
^
1 warning and 2 errors generated.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.