Build for ROOT v6.10.08 failed

Hello,
I had earlier tried to install ROOT v6.14.6 on the computing cluster, but I was unsuccessful. I don’t know why, but I tried to install ROOT v6.10.08 just in case it is a version problem. This build fails as well. I don’t know if it’s the same problem, but the error message seems different. I am posting the error messages below.

[ 95%] Built target ProofBench

**Scanning dependencies of target ProofBenchPARFiles**

[ 95%] **Generating ../../etc/proof/proofbench/ProofBenchCPUSel.par, ../../etc/proof/proofbench/ProofBenchDataSel.par**

[ 95%] Built target ProofBenchPARFiles

**Scanning dependencies of target pq2**

[ 95%] Building CXX object proof/pq2/CMakeFiles/pq2.dir/src/pq2actions.cxx.o

[ 95%] Building CXX object proof/pq2/CMakeFiles/pq2.dir/src/pq2main.cxx.o

[ 95%] Building CXX object proof/pq2/CMakeFiles/pq2.dir/src/pq2ping.cxx.o

[ 95%] Building CXX object proof/pq2/CMakeFiles/pq2.dir/src/pq2wrappers.cxx.o

[ 95%] Building CXX object proof/pq2/CMakeFiles/pq2.dir/src/redirguard.cxx.o

[ 95%] **Linking CXX executable ../../bin/pq2**

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `std::length_error::length_error(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `__cxa_init_primary_exception@CXXABI_1.3.11'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `__cxa_throw_bad_array_new_length@CXXABI_1.3.8'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `std::invalid_argument::invalid_argument(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `std::__exception_ptr::exception_ptr::exception_ptr(void*)@CXXABI_1.3.11'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `std::runtime_error::runtime_error(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `std::out_of_range::out_of_range(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `std::range_error::range_error(char const*)@GLIBCXX_3.4.21'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*, unsigned long)@CXXABI_1.3.9'

/gpfs0/kats/projects/root-build/lib/libtbb.so.2: undefined reference to `operator delete[](void*, unsigned long)@CXXABI_1.3.9'

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

gmake[2]: *** [bin/pq2] Error 1

gmake[1]: *** [proof/pq2/CMakeFiles/pq2.dir/all] Error 2

gmake: *** [all] Error 2

Any help on this issue is appreciated.
Thanks,
Debjyoti

_ROOT Version: 6.10.08
_Platform: Scientific Linux 7

Is there any reason not to use a later version? The problem you see is likely a mismatch in ABI caused by mixing a compiler with an incompatible libstdc++ or due to a mix of different C++ standards. Most likely, it’s the former. BTW, you might be able to get ROOT installed via yum with yum install epel-release && yum install root.

1 Like

Hello,
The only real reason for not using any later version is because my earlier attempt at installing v6.14 failed, so I went back and tried an older version.

I didn’t know about the installation using yum, so thanks for that. What is epel-release? Is it the version number?
Thanks.

EPEL == Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL

1 Like

I need root privileges to perform the yum install epel-release, which I don’t have. So unfortunately this isn’t an option for me.

Then you can still try to use the binaries released by the ROOT team at:
https://root.cern/content/release-61800

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.