Build error from XROOTD

Hi, rooters
Currently, when I want to build root 6.24.06 with source code in my MacBook, there exist one issue which made me confused and blocked.
The error information below is from XROOTD-build-err.log:
At beginning
[I] No git repository info found. Trying to interpret VERSION_INFO
[I] Using the user supplied version: v4.12.8
[I] src/XrdVersion.hh successfully generated

And the error comes with:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/iostream:37:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/ios:215:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/__locale:15:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/string:511:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/string_view:179:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/__string:57:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/algorithm:653:
In file included from /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/memory:673:
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/include/c++/v1/new:319:5: error: expected unqualified-id
::posix_memalign(&__result, __alignment, __size);
^
/Users/yichunzh/Applications/root-build/XROOTD-prefix/src/XROOTD/src/./XrdSys/XrdSysPlatform.hh:126:9: note: expanded from macro ‘posix_memalign’
((*memp = memalign(algn, sz)) ? 0 : ENOMEM)
^
1 error generated.
make[5]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/XrdUtils.dir/XrdNet/XrdNetIF.cc.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/XrdUtils.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2

I am not sure the exact meaning from those error info, do I use the wrong version of XROOTD?
Or how can I fix the error to get a successful building?

Extra information about my system is listed below
ROOT Version:root6.24.06
Platform:Mac OS Monterey 12.2.1
Compiler:
– The C compiler identification is AppleClang 13.0.0.13000027
– The CXX compiler identification is AppleClang 13.0.0.13000027

BRs
Yichun

1 Like

Thanks. That’s a known issue in Xrootd that was fixed in the meantime. You have three options:

• wait until I have released 6.26/00 (this week)
  • disable Xrootd
  • build a current Xrood and then build ROOT against that.

Cheers, Axel

Hi Axel
Thank you for your suggestion.
It works after disabling Xrootd.

BRs
Yichun

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.