Bug?

I tried to compile root resource in a mac with gcc 4.0.0
and here is the error message:

bin/rmkdepend -R -ftree/treeplayer/src/TTreePlayer.d -Y -w 1000 – -pipe -W -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -Iinclude -D_REENTRANT -D__cplusplus – tree/treeplayer/src/TTreePlayer.cxx
g++ -O2 -pipe -W -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -fsigned-char -fno-common -Iinclude -D_REENTRANT -o tree/treeplayer/src/TTreePlayer.o -c tree/treeplayer/src/TTreePlayer.cxx
tree/treeplayer/src/TTreePlayer.cxx: In member function `virtual Long64_t TTreePlayer::Scan(const char*, const char*, const Option_t*, Long64_t, Long64_t)’:
tree/treeplayer/src/TTreePlayer.cxx:2790: internal compiler error: in cp_tree_equal, at cp/tree.c:1679
Please submit a full bug report,
with preprocessed source if appropriate.
See URL:http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter for instructions.
{standard input}:14751:FATAL:.abort detected. Assembly stopping.

The right version of gcc is gcc4.0.1. The error you get is a compiler error and not a compilation error. I suggest upgrading your compiler to the official version. I do not see any problems in compiling ROOT with gcc4.0.1

Rene

[quote=“brun”]The right version of gcc is gcc4.0.1. The error you get is a compiler error and not a compilation error. I suggest upgrading your compiler to the official version. I do not see any problems in compiling ROOT with gcc4.0.1

Rene[/quote]

thanks so much.