Breaking out of an infinite loop

If a user inadvertently creates an infinite loop in their script is there anyway of breaking out of the loop from the keyboard, ie by pressing Ctrl-Break etc.

Also if I wanted to monitor a loop in the background and automatically breakout if the loop exceeded so many iterations is this possible ??

thanks
david

Hi David,

You can hit CTRL+C

[quote]Also if I wanted to monitor a loop in the background and automatically breakout if the loop exceeded so many iterations is this possible ?? [/quote]No more and no less than in compiled C++ (i.e. CINT does not provide any extension in this direction).

Cheers,
Philippe.

Hello Philip

If I embed CINT using a DLL then does this break out key combination still apply or do I need to do something else ??

Regarding looping is there any way for the calling program to monitor loop activity in case the user creates a long or infinite loop ??

regards
david

[quote]If I embed CINT using a DLL then does this break out key combination still apply or do I need to do something else ?? [/quote]Yes, it still applies.

[quote]Regarding looping is there any way for the calling program to monitor loop activity in case the user creates a long or infinite loop ??[/quote]What do you have in mind? (The answer to the question is ‘yes’ and I am sure you can find many way in the literature/net on how this could be done but I do not have any good generic general purpose answer).

Cheers,
Philippe.