*** Break *** segmentation violation after certain point

Please read tips for efficient and successful posting and posting code

ROOT Version: 6.18/04
Platform: Mac OSX
Compiler: Terminal with VSCode

I have a code segment that is too long to send here but I don’t think the code has an issue. (I think). In my code, I have a method that reruns the main function as many times as I dictate. When I run rerun(1000), it runs the main program 1000 times. However, after like 20-100 reruns, the code stops and I get a *** Break *** segmentation violation. How is it so that my code runs fine after like 20 reruns but then doesn’t work afterward?

That’s impossible to tell without further info. Could you paste the complete output of ROOT?

*** Break *** segmentation violation

[/usr/lib/system/libsystem_platform.dylib] _sigtramp (no debug info)

[<unknown binary>] (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCling.so] cling::IncrementalExecutor::executeWrapper(llvm::StringRef, cling::Value*) const (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCling.so] cling::Interpreter::RunFunction(clang::FunctionDecl const*, cling::Value*) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCling.so] cling::Interpreter::EvaluateInternal(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, cling::CompilationOptions, cling::Value*, cling::Transaction**, unsigned long) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCling.so] cling::Interpreter::process(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> > const&, cling::Value*, cling::Transaction**, bool) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCling.so] cling::MetaProcessor::process(llvm::StringRef, cling::Interpreter::CompilationResult&, cling::Value*, bool) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCling.so] HandleInterpreterException(cling::MetaProcessor*, char const*, cling::Interpreter::CompilationResult&, cling::Value*) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCling.so] TCling::ProcessLine(char const*, TInterpreter::EErrorCode*) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libRint.6.18.so] TRint::ProcessLineNr(char const*, char const*, int*) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libRint.6.18.so] TRint::HandleTermInput() (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCore.6.18.so] TUnixSystem::CheckDescriptors() (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCore.6.18.so] TMacOSXSystem::DispatchOneEvent(bool) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCore.6.18.so] TSystem::InnerLoop() (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCore.6.18.so] TSystem::Run() (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libCore.6.18.so] TApplication::Run(bool) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/lib/libRint.6.18.so] TRint::Run(bool) (no debug info)

[/Users/myname/Documents/root2/bin/root.exe] main (no debug info)

[/usr/lib/system/libdyld.dylib] start (no debug info)

Root >

A first step toward understanding this problem would to compile (possibly via ACliC) your code so that the stack trace shows more information or so that you can use valgrind to pin point the problem.

Cheers,
Philippe.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.