AttributeError: Failed to get attribute CreateScopeProxy from ROOT

I’m a beginner so apologies if this is an annoying question, I’m trying to run Delphes which uses ROOT for Analysis

here is the command: DelphesAnalysis/ControlPlots.py -i …/…/delphes_output.root -o controlPlots_demo.root --all -c topConfig.py

i get following error:

“File “/media/kami/Backup/MG5_aMC_v3_5_4/pp-tt/Events/run_01_decayed_1/Delphes/python/DelphesAnalysis/ControlPlots.py”, line 45, in
from DelphesAnalysis import Delphes
File “/home/kami/1Me/Tools/MG5_aMC_v2_9_19/Delphes/python/DelphesAnalysis/Delphes.py”, line 17, in
root.CreateScopeProxy( “Event” ).str = Event__str
File “/home/kami/1Me/Tools/root/root_install/lib/ROOT/_facade.py”, line 164, in _fallback_getattr
raise AttributeError(“Failed to get attribute {} from ROOT”.format(name))
AttributeError: Failed to get attribute CreateScopeProxy from ROOT”

when i checked ROOT library, there’s no CreateScopeProxy.h file there

_ROOT Version: ROOT 6.32.02
_Platform: Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
_Compiler: gcc (Ubuntu 11.4.0-1ubuntu1~22.04) 11.4.0

Hello,

welcome to the forum and no worries about having questions. In this case, it looks to me that Delphes is trying to call some internal Pythonization functions that were removed in 6.32. Let me add our export @jonas (another Jonas :wink:) regarding this question. I suppose this needs an update in Delphes to make it compatible with 6.32.

For the moment, you may try using the older release branch 6.30.08 that Delphes could be more compatible with.

Cheers
Jonas