Add "double" to Tree

Hi,

is there a way to add a “double” to a Tree. Or is there again the problem that double is not the same size on 32bit/64bit. On my system sizeof(double) gives me 8. So I tried to use

but when I try to read it from the Tree it of course wont do it because it is no “double” anymore.
Perhaps there is away through dictionaries?

Any help is again much appreciated.

BR

Will it suffice to /D instead of /F? I tried it and I don’t get any errors. I hope that this doesn’t break data consistency because /D is 64 bit and my double 32 bit.

BR

Hi,

[quote] and my double 32 bit.[/quote]We do not support any platform where double are only 32 bits. But[quote]On my system sizeof(double) gives me 8[/quote], doesn’t that mean that your doubles are 64 bits?

[quote]Will it suffice to /D instead of /F?[/quote]Yes, it is the official way of storing standalone double.

Cheers,
Philippe.

PS. We also have an additional type called ‘Double32_t’ which is stored in memory as 64 bits but can you be stored on disk with less bits (the default being 32 bits). This type can only be used with a class for which you would need to provide a dictionary.