ACLiC problem in Windows

Hi All,

I don’t seem to be able to use ACLiC on Windows. Below is the simple macro I tried to compile with ACLiC:

// Just to test ACLIC
#include

using namespace std;

int test() {
cout << “Hello\n” ;
return 1;
}

I Get a lot of errors. Since I could not do copy and paste from ROOT console, I am attaching a screen shot of the error messages.

I am using Windows XP + ROOT Version 5.19.04

Any ideas why this happens ? Many thanks in advance.

-Arun

You seem to run ROOT in a directory with no write-access

Rene

Hi,

There are several issues:

1. Don’t use pathes with white spaces (i.e. no c:\Documents and Settings…)
  2. Do you have Visual C++ installed on your machine?
  3. If you have visual C++, please call (i.e. for MSVC7.1) “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat” in the console to set up the environment variables needed to be able to build via the command prompt.

Cheers,
Bertrand.

[quote=“aruntripathi”]…
Since I could not do copy and paste from ROOT console,
…"[/quote]Why ? Can you click the left top corner of the console frame to pop up the frame menu? Then go to “Properties”->“Option” -> check “Quck Edit Mode” -> "Ok"
At this point you should be able to select any rectangular area of the console with the “left mouse click and drag”, copy the selected area to the Windows clipboard with the “right mouse click”, paste any text from the Windows clipboard back to the console at the text cursor position or to any other MS application supporting the “copy/paste” clipboard operations.
Did you try that ?