ACLiC error

I get the error at the bottom of the code below, but have no idea what this means.

I had problems with my libraries as I could work out how to use SetIncludePath properly and ended up putting the folders they were in in the same folder as my code. If someone can explain how to use SetIncludePath properly to include libraries in subdirectories of the folder my code is in perhaps this will help.

I’m a very new user to root so keep it as simple as please.

root [0] gSystem->SetIncludePath(" -I$ROOTSYS/include -I./include -I$CDFSOFT2_$
root [1] {gSystem->Load(“libZMutility.so”);
end with ‘}’, ‘@’:abort > gSystem->Load(“libExceptions.so”);
end with ‘}’, ‘@’:abort > gSystem->Load(“libJetUser_forRoot.so”);
end with ‘}’, ‘@’:abort > gSystem->Load(“libPhysics.so”);}
(int)0
root [2] .L zmumu_softjet_v7.C+
Info in TUnixSystem::ACLiC: creating shared library /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7_C.so
In file included from /folder/./file4PwTrm.h:29,
from /folder/./file4PwTrm.cxx:13:
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:4:52: warning: “/*” within comment
In file included from include/Exceptions/ZMexClassInfo.h:66,
from include/Exceptions/ZMexception.h:122,
from /cdf/code/cdfsoft/dist/releases/6.1.4/include/CLHEP/Vector/ZMxpv.h:201,
from /cdf/code/cdfsoft/dist/releases/6.1.4/include/CLHEP/Vector/LorentzVector.icc:11, from /cdf/code/cdfsoft/dist/releases/6.1.4/include/CLHEP/Vector/LorentzVector.h:587,
from /folder/./JetUser/JetEnergyCorrections.hh:25,
from /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:42,
from /folder/./file4PwTrm.h:29,
include/Exceptions/ZMexHandler.h:81: warning: unused parameter 'x’
In file included from include/Exceptions/ZMexHandler.h:214,
from include/Exceptions/ZMexClassInfo.h:66,
from include/Exceptions/ZMexception.h:122,
from /cdf/code/cdfsoft/dist/releases/6.1.4/include/CLHEP/Vector/ZMxpv.h:201,
from /cdf/code/cdfsoft/dist/releases/6.1.4/include/CLHEP/Vector/LorentzVector.icc:11, from /cdf/code/cdfsoft/dist/releases/6.1.4/include/CLHEP/Vector/LorentzVector.h:587,
include/Exceptions/ZMexHandler.icc:93: warning: unused parameter ‘x’
In file included from /cdf/code/cdfsoft/dist/releases/6.1.4/include/CLHEP/Vector/ZMxpv.h:201,
include/Exceptions/ZMexception.h:469: warning: unused parameter ‘name’
include/Exceptions/ZMexception.h:469: warning: unused parameter ‘facility’
In file included from /folder/./file4PwTrm.h:29,
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C: In function void zsearch(TTree*, int, const char*)': /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:362: error: expected unqualified-id before '[' token /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:519: error:sumet_raw_jet’ undeclared (first use this function)
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:519: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:505: warning: unused variable ‘sumet_raw_jebcptt’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:108: warning: unused variable ‘samesign’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:109: warning: unused variable ‘nprim’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:124: warning: unused variable ‘DYmass_c4’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:132: warning: unused variable ‘et_raw_jet_c1’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:162: warning: unused variable ‘et_raw_jet_c2’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:192: warning: unused variable ‘et_raw_jet_c3’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C: In function Float_t invmass(Float_t, Float_t, Float_t, Float_t, Float_t, Float_t)': /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:768: warning: unused variable 'check' /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C: In functionbool StandardMuonQ(mymuon_t&, int, mytrack_t&, int, float&, int)’:
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:861: warning: unused variable ‘CMU_or_CMNP’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:865: warning: unused variable ‘CMP’
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C: In function `bool LooseMuonQ(mymuon_t&, int, mytrack_t&, int, float&, int)’:
/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:970: warning: unused variable 'CMU_or_CMNP’
g++: /folder/./file4PwTrm.o: No such file or directory
Error in : Compilation failed!

For whatever reason, removing the ‘+’ sign after my codes filename its now analysing.

I’m sure I’d already done this but its working now so thanks anyway to anyone wo reads this.

Hi,

Removing the + means that instead of being compiled, you code is being interpreted (using a more lenient C++ syntax checker).

The error at the bottoms says that the compilation fails. The real errors is listed in the middle (by your compiler):

/folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C: In function `void zsearch(TTree*, int, const char*)': /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:362: error: expected unqualified-id before '[' token /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:519: error: `sumet_raw_jet' undeclared (first use this function) /folder/./zmumu_softjet_v7.C:519: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)

So you seem to have a C++ syntax error on line 362 of your file zmumu_softjet_v7.C

Cheers,
Philippe

thanks for pointing out the error. Even with this corrected the code doesn’t work when compiled and comes up with almost identical error messages.

I’ve since found out that compiled code is much quicker than interpreted code, and time is somewhat of an issue as I have a lot of data to analyse.

[quote]Even with this corrected the code doesn’t work when compiled and comes up with almost identical error messages[/quote]Humm … yes? Then your might have more C++ syntax errors!

[quote]compiled code is much quicker than interpreted code,[/quote]Indeed.

Cheers,
Philippe