Access violation Exception when interfacing ROOT and .NET

Greetings,
I have recently written a custom C++ library that uses ROOT and I have been able to run the code from within a Win32 Console application project (VS2010). In the library I open and read a root file. I am reading and storing several primitive values such as int or string as well as complex values such as vector.
I am curently trying to build an interface between the library and a simple C# application. To do that I am using a C++\CLI dll project that contains the original (unmanaged) C++ code as well as a set of wrappers writen in (managed)C++\CLI. All goes well and my dll is imported in the C#.net application.
When I call the library routine that accesses the file I am able to traverse the tree and branche structures without issues and I am even able to read leafs containing primitive data such as string or int however when I tried to read leafs containing vector objects I got a nasty Access violation Exception:

I have no clue what might be wrong or what to do next. Has anybody encountered a similar error?

Dear All,
I have a Release version of ROOT so I resolved the issue by switching my C++\CLI project to Release. Now everything works just fine.
Regards,
Vasilis

Hi,

Indeed, on Windows the release and debug release are most often incompatible (due to implementation choices made by Microsoft).

Cheers,
Philippe.